Every quarter, the NTJWG convenes to deliberate on the activities implemented in the previous quarter and map the way forward for the next quarter. In this regard, the NTJWG meets again on 28 August, 2019 at Monomotapa Hotel, Harare to reflect on the issues arising and also plan for the 3rd quarter of 2019.
The NTJWG met for the second time this year to evaluate its work done in the first quarter so that it is informed on how it should proceed into the third quarter. Other issues such as the election process of vacant NTJWG membership seats, the stakeholders’ conference on 29 August, 2019 and the survivors’ training on 30 August, 2019 were discussed.
Objectives of the NTJWG ordinary meeting
The NTJWG ordinary meeting has the following objectives:
- To provide a platform for the NTJWG to evaluate activities done in the 1st quarter;
- To discuss strategies, opportunities, challenges and dynamics in the national reconciliation process and
- To discuss the upcoming stakeholders conference and all the other processes associated with it.
Outcomes of the NTJWG ordinary meeting
The NTJWG ordinary meeting had the following outcomes:
- The NTJWG managed to evaluate activities done in the 1st quarter;
- The NTJWG discussed strategies, opportunities, challenges and dynamics in the national reconciliation process and funding for 2019 and
- The NTJWG made recommendations for the stakeholders’ conference, elections of NTJWG members and the survivors’ training.
The NTJWG members convened their quarterly meeting with representatives from Bulawayo and Harare, including 4 Forum staff members as the Secretariat of the NTJWG to discuss the work done by the Working Group and upcoming activities/events.